17.2.11

A Little Bit Broken

Plenty of times I've shared photos of completely destroyed roofs or absolutely missing roofs. Today, I'm sharing a photo of a roof that is only a little bit broken.

The tiles are held up by the intersecting beams.  The vertical ones are the structural support of the roof. Thinner horizontal timbers compose the network that keeps the tiles in place.  

Tomorrow, I'll post some photos of what these roofs look like from the inside, because I was lucky enough to find out recently.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose they are replacing the missing tiles? It looks like a risky kind of job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Abe: renovation time. Lucky you to see inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAL, I don't think so. This place looks quite abandoned, though I have seen repairs done--took pictures too. Maybe I'll post those photos next. . . .

    ReplyDelete